|All of that was just $3!|
Beet and Goat Cheese Salad (v)
3 medium beets, trimmed, cleaned and cut in quarters
1/2 cup goat cheese
1/4 cup mint, chopped
3-4 tablespoons pine nuts (optional)
Salt to taste
- Put the quartered beets in a large saucepan and cover with water.
- Boil for 20-30 minutes or until a knife cuts easily. Remove and put in a large bowl in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.
- Combine goat cheese, mint and pine nuts.
- Cut the beets into 1/2 inch pieces and add to cheese mixture. Mix well (helpful to use your hands).
|Doesn't look amazing in pictures but this is a beautiful salad!|
3 medium beets, trimmed, cleaned and cut in 3/4 inch pieces
Olive oil for coating beats
Thyme (or other herb of choice) and sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the beets, olive oil, and thyme in a bowl until beets are coated, and arrange pieces of beet on baking sheet so that they don't touch. Sprinkle the beets with sea salt.
- Roast in the preheated oven until the beets are tender, 10 to 20 minutes. A fork inserted into a beet cube should come out easily.
|I served my roasted beets with a slice of my tofu quiche. Delicious!|