Friday, July 13, 2012

Simple things

I went through a flurry of blog posts a couple weeks ago because there were so many amazing products popping up at the market. Peaches, plums, blackberries, blueberries and, of course, the mighty tomato. But the truth is that you don't need recipes for these items because they're delicious all by themselves. I could tell you how to make a blackberry pie, but I've done that and the truth is that more than half of the blueberries I've purchased from the market this year have been eaten either on cereal, in the bottom of a tall glass of ice tea with mint simple syrup or by the handfuls as a snack between meals. You definitely don't need a recipe for that.

So I'm not going to put a recipe up for this delicious omelet, I'm just going to say that some local green bell peppers, tomatoes, eggs and sharp cheddar with blueberries and toast slathered with peach jam make pretty much the best breakfast around. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment